Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Warm and cool

My guy is in Cairo again this week, which is unseasonably cold. Temperatures there are not much different than in Toronto.

He told me the other day that he had to buy two space heaters to keep him warm, as there is no heating where he is staying.
"I wish that I was with you to warm you up," I said.
"You are like a furnace," he commented.
I am warm-blooded. Whenever my guy has cold hands, I hold his in mine until they warm up.

I envy him in the summertime. I don't do well in heat and humidity. I end up sweating buckets and hibernating in any place that has air conditioning. He, on the other hand, is perfectly cool under such conditions. Sometimes, he ends up wearing a long-sleeved dress shirt and I marvel at how he can stay comfortable in it.

We are different. Yet, we balance each other out in many ways.

2 comments:

  1. I must be kin to both of you CB...I don't tolerate heat, especially humidity well at all but get cold very easily. LOL Still have two weeks before your guy is due home?

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! You are both of us rolled into one complete gift box. =) I absolutely don't do well in humidity!

      Yep, it's just over two weeks before I get to see my guy again. Skype chats make the wait less painful, thankfully.

      Delete