Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Travelling to my guy's town when he's not there and yearning for his embrace

Timing is everything, they say.

Work is better these days. I have been training an intern who is a mini version of me. She has the same work ethic and understands things quickly. She's great.

I am also involved with hiring another intern with my manager. We head over to a university on Friday to interview a bunch of candidates. The crazy thing is that it's in my guy's hometown, which is an hour away from our office.

If my guy were in town, I would stop by and hang out with him. Unfortunately, he is still on the road.
"Things don't work out as perfectly as we want them to," my guy said to me with his usual, sound wisdom.
"I know. I have to wait more than a week to see you instead," I said.
"You can do it. I miss you lots. I can't wait to hold you again."
I am counting down the days as if it were Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a mini me in your new intern...hope you and your boss can find another one.

    Really think you ought to rent a room close to the airport. Have your guy text you when he lands and you can text back the room number. When he arrives, you can greet him in nothing but a big red Christmas bow.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Cat! It was a long day interviewing on Friday, but it was enjoyable.

      I took your advice and got a room close to the airport. It will be my staycation. My guy loves the idea, as expected. I need to find a red bow now. =) Thanks for the wonderful suggestion!

      Delete