Monday, February 15, 2016

Interviews, e-card, ramen, and nail polish

Last Friday was a pretty long day for me. I had to get up early to head to a university with my manager and interview prospective interns.

My manager had slept in late. He arrived twenty minutes late. I had arrived at the office parking lot at 7 am. I actually went into the building to fix myself a tea, came back out, got into my car, and reviewed my e-mail. I am that practical and surprisingly functional at that hour.

Long story short, but my manager hopped into my car at 7:35 am. I noticed that his car's headlights were on as I slowly pulled away, so we had to cycle back to his car. He got out and went back into this car to turn them off.

I am glad that I drove us there. He obviously wasn't fully awake. I also have a lead foot. I easily made up for lost time.

Anyway, I visited my guy's hometown. It has an excellent Japanese ramen restaurant. My manager and I loved the food there, which arrived quickly.

I told my guy about it. He was pleased that I had a good day. Of course, it would have been better with him there.

We exchanged Valentine's Day greetings. Since I have been with my guy, he always sends me an e-card for this occasion. He's sweet.

I ended up sending him a photo of my nail polish colour for the week. It's a nice blue on my fingernails.

Incidentally, one of the interviewees commented on how nice my nails looks. I had red polish on last week. My guy is right. My nails are nice, even to women!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for being able to function so efficiently that early in the morning, CB! I am definitely not a morning person. :) So did you interview any promising candidates? Hope you find another like your current trainee...soon! ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to do it all again in a few hours. We definitely have a couple of promising students. We have another set of students to interview at another university. Here's hoping that I function well again. =)

      Delete