Sunday, April 22, 2018

Unlocked washroom stall with a colleague in it at work

On Thursday, just before lunch, I visited the women's washroom at work. There are four stalls. Two were available.

I went to the one at the very end. I thought that I would get a few extra steps and also have a bit of privacy.

Normally, when a stall is free, the door is ajar. This one was. I opened it and there was my colleague.

I apologized, although it wasn't my fault. She said that the door doesn't lock. It actually does. You need to pull the door hard and then lock it.

Needless to say, it was embarrassing. I shouldn't be. It wasn't my fault. If I didn't know the person on the toilet seat, I would probably feel less embarrassed. It's the fact that I know this colleague and she is on my team that doesn't help.

I told my little team about this incident over lunch. My mini me saw the whole thing unfold. My intern said that now would be a good time to have a memory zapper, like in Men in Black. I agree!

I shared this story with my guy on Thursday at dinner, when he was high on cough syrup.
"Did you have any lesbian tendencies?" he asked me.
"Nope," I replied. "Would that turn you on?"
"Nope, I'm just curious. How much did you see? Her bush?" he asked.
"I saw her bare thighs. She had a long shirt on, so I didn't see much, thankfully. I did see more than I had wanted to of my colleague," I answered.
Roughly an hour after the incident had happened, said colleague and I sat beside each other in our team meeting for 1.5 hours. As expected, we were both fine. We are both adults and no harm was done.

The moral of this story is to always make sure that the door is shut and locked in a public washroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment