Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Speeding for lunch

On Monday, my guy and I were to have lunch. It was 12:21 pm. I decided to ping him on our internal texting application.

He called me nearly twenty minutes later. He was running late, which is relatively normal in his case. He was ready at long last.

I met him downstairs in the lobby. He was happy to see me.

I needed to get back to work by 2 pm for a meeting. He needed to be back by 1:30 pm.

He drove. He had to asked me where he had parked his car. I told him that I knew where he had parked, as I had passed by his car in the lot.

He drove us over to the restaurant. He was speeding.
"Are you in triple digits?" I asked.
"I am doing 120 km," he said.
"I can feel the g-force," I said, smiling at him.
"I know. In a 60 km zone," he admitted.
"You do know that you are going to use up your $600 fund for driving offences should you get caught, right?" I reminded him.
"It may be worse than that," he replied.
Needless to say, we got to the Chinese restaurant safely and fast. Here's hoping that he doesn't do that again!

2 comments:

  1. Whoops. It's all good tho. Safe - and Chinese food! Yums.

    ReplyDelete