Thursday, April 26, 2018

Aspiring to be Clint Eastwood

When we were in our early stages of dating, my guy revealed that he always wanted to be a manly, macho man growing up, like Clint Eastwood. Although he is manly, he has a gentle, boyish side. I first noted it when he was driving to Montreal and stopped to get ice cream.
"I know you don't like your boyish side, but I do. It compliments your manly side," I said to him while we were eating lunch.
"I loved Clint Eastwood as a boy. I wanted to be like him," he admitted.
"I know. But, you are you. You should embrace who you are. I do," I said.
"You're sweet. I wanted to say, 'Go ahead. Make my day,' like he did," he said.
"If you said, 'Make my day,' I would tell you to make your own day. Why do I have to do all the hard work?" I said rhetorically.
He laughed. I love him just the way he is, without the Clint Eastwood split personality.

2 comments: