Friday, June 15, 2018

A call to set up a lunch date

During the intermission between bands the other night, I remembered that I needed to forward a work e-mail to my guy. He works from home and only comes to the office when he needs to.

He is travelling this weekend and will be away on business for two weeks. I had to let him know that the parking lot is going through a ton of construction at work, which is outlined in the forwarded e-mail.

I also told him that I was in his neck of the woods with my manager the following day to conduct student interviews for the upcoming work term.

On Tuesday, I participated in these interviews. At around 15:30, my cell phone rang. I didn't pick it up in time. My guy had called.

I immediately called him back. I was in a room with my manager, so I couldn't be too mushy.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said. "Am I interrupting your interviews?" he asked me.
"Our last candidate is writing a test, so your timing is perfect. How are you doing?" I asked him.
"I'm good. How about you?" he asked me back.
"I'm hanging in there," I replied.
"Just letting you know that my trip is confirmed. I fly out on Saturday at 16:00," he said.
"Cool. Can we do lunch?" I asked him.
"Sure. How about 13:00?" he asked.
"Perfect," I replied.
"I'll let you go, so you continue to grill," he teased.
"I don't grill!" I said.
He's sweet and thoughtful. I like when he calls me. It made my day.

1 comment: