Sunday, June 24, 2018

Calling to be reassured that things will be okay

After dropping off my guy at the airport, I headed home. My guy called me.
"Hey," I answered.
"Hey," he said. "I'm still at the check-in counter and the lineup is all the way to the gate."
"That's not good. Are you at the check-in counter to get your boarding pass or the baggage drop-off area?" I asked.
"I'm waiting to drop my luggage off," he said. "The wait is ridiculous."
"It's okay. You still have 45 minutes. You'll make it," I reassured him.
"I hope so," he said.
"I know that you will," I said.
"Are you still on the road?" he asked me.
"Yes. I decided not to do highway 401. It's pretty bad. I'm going to backroad it home," I explained.
"That sounds like a plan. You drive safely, okay?" he said.
"I will. Safe travels and I'll talk to you soon," I said back.
I like when we calls me to get some reassurance that everything will be okay. It's nice to hear from him just before he flies off.

No comments:

Post a Comment