Sunday, November 15, 2020

Verdict on using a tissue to eliminate eyeglasses from fogging up

I decided to skip a day posting here. Friday was pretty busy that I ended up taking a nap at around 22:30, woke up, brushed my teeth, and went to bed for another 7 hours!

My appointment with my ophthalmologist went well. He says that my eyes are healthy such that I don't need to see him for another six months. It's good that I don't need an eye injection. Here's hoping that this trend continues.

As for my eyeglasses fogging up, I tried the tissue technique where I had it folded as a strip at the top of my mask. At first, it did fog up, but not as badly as if I didn't have the tissue. Within a minute, there was no fogging at all. It was nice to do the eye test and not apologize for not being able to read the chart due to fog.

Another tip that I got was to wash your lenses with baby shampoo. You then let your eyeglasses air-dry. I haven't tried it, but I'm curious.

7 comments:

  1. Those are good suggestions. I'm trying contact lenses, because I tried various things and my glasses were fogging up too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to wear contact lenses more than eyeglasses. For all my appointments with my ophthalmologist, I switch to using eyeglasses. I find that contact lenses are easier with a mask. It's just a question of having some eye drops if I find that they feel dry.

      Delete
  2. I have some contacts, but I'm running out. Unfortunately, to get new ones, I have to go to the optometrist and get a new prescription. But I'm reluctant to go until the pandemic subsides. I'll just have to keep the ones I have clean, and see if I can stretch that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to my ophthalmologist a couple of times during this pandemic and have felt safe. I need to see my optometrist soon and hope that it's equally as safe.

      You may want to try ordering your contact lenses online. Up here, you upload your prescription once and you're good to order as often as you need to. Of course, if your prescription is more detailed, it may be best to order locally and get a new prescription.

      Delete
  3. I need a current prescription to order online. To get that, I'd have to go into the office. I think it is much safer to do that where you are than here in the U.S. Just glad you're getting what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it is safer here when it comes to getting new contact lenses these days. Here's hoping that your current supply will stretch a bit.

      I find that I don't go out as often as I used to and tend to wear my glasses at home more than my contacts, so my supply is in better shape than expected.

      Delete
  4. I have to walk the dog twice a day. So, I put in the contacts before the first walk and take them off after the second. I usually wear a cloth mask for the whole walk, and then put a KN95 over it if there's anyone around. My girlfriend also go me anti-fog stuff for glasses that's supposed to work with a mask, but I'd prefer to just wear the contacts and avoid the problem.

    ReplyDelete