Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Leukemia

I learned on Tuesday that my good friend, whom I last saw in Minnesota back in March, has leukemia.

I knew that she was going through something. She went in for a medical appointment after we had had lunch together. I wasn't expecting cancer.

She is currently getting chemotherapy and is on a pill. This treatment combination has a pretty high success rate, which is helpful and reassuring. 

She will need a bone marrow transplant once her cancer is in remission.

It's scary. I have known her for twenty years. I can't visit her, but I am definitely there for her when she has the need to talk and whatever support that I can provide to ease her mind.

I am thankful that she's getting treatment. I can only hope that she gets through this first hurdle of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment