Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Taking a break from social media and news

Watching coverage of protests, looting, outrage over racism, and more on television and social media is a double-edged sword. 

On the one hand, it's good that we are discussing how wrong racism is. It's not cool for a police officer to kneel on a black man's neck for nearly nine minutes and ignoring his request to breathe like a human being. On the other hand, the coverage of windows being broken and idiots stealing merchandise and more is way too much for my liking.

I've decided to take a break from tuning into the news or reading my social feeds. It's way too much sensory information to absorb.

I spent some time reorganizing things at home. I stopped briefly due to the craziness happening at work for the last two weeks. It was nice to unwind by getting rid of items that I had kept for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment