Friday, May 22, 2020

Gift cards and crocheting

Over the last couple of months, I have amassed a number of Amazon gift cards. I'm at a stage now where I don't have anything to buy, other than items at the grocery or drug store.

Well, it's time for me to learn a new skill. I have selected crocheting. 

Years ago, a colleague-turned-friend tried to teach me how to crochet. It didn't work. I got all confused.

It's funny. I can do cork (spool) knitting. I can do finger knitting. I can weave. I can't crochet.

I have also tried knitting. I did pretty well, except that I didn't know how to bind off. That's another skill that I need to resurrect.

Anyway, I used some of my gift card balance to get crochet needles. They arrive on Monday. I'm looking so forward to trying out crocheting. I watched a decent YouTube video on crocheting for beginners. I understood it!

See, there is hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment