Friday, December 01, 2017

Work, concert, and countryside... yee-haw!

It has been a busy week. We have a major software release to get out the door.

My team spent Monday and Tuesday doing test uploads to a software repository. I have a couple of colleagues who were originally tasked with doing this work, but they just didn't get it. Instead, they watched as we did the work.

Today (now Friday), my team does the official uploads for this release. Since we know that the test uploads went fine, we expect the same to occur on repeat.

During all this chaos, I managed to see Jann Arden perform in Toronto on Wednesday night. This show was  different than the one that I saw in October. This show had an orchestra backing her up and it was Christmas-themed. I had a wonderful time. She never disappoints.

My guy is doing fine in Cairo.
"How are things?" I asked him on Skype.
"Good. I'm in the countryside," he replied.
"What's the countryside like?" I asked him.
"It's flat with some shallow buildings. Yee-haw!" he exclaimed.
"I didn't realize that the locals there say, 'Yee-haw!'" I remarked, laughing.
He is good at making me laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the successful software rollout! And double yeehaws for u and ur guy getting some happy time tog on skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a busy week here also, CB...my boss has a large project he wants completed before I leave on Christmas break...in addition to my regular work. Lord love the man. Yee-haw? Oh your guy totally cracked me up. Have a good weekend.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you, Cat. I am sure that you will get it done before your well-deserved Christmas break. I am in a similar boat in that a number of software releases go out before Christmas.

      In the meantime, have a great weekend!

      Delete