Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Bronchitis

On Tuesday, I went to see my doctor. It was my regular quarterly appointment. I was also coughing, so I had to get this issue taken care of, too.

I spent nearly two hours at the doctor's office. While waiting there, I called my car insurance to make a claim on my windshield damage caused by a stone. Fun! There is far more to this story, so I will save it for another post.

Anyway, when I finally saw my doctor, she determined that I have bronchitis. I am now on an antibiotic and am using an inhaler to clear up my airways. I sometimes find that I can't breathe as well as I should. So, it's my first experience using a puffer.

Ah, the joys of coming home from a vacation sick.

I slept for most of the day when I got home. There were a number of annoying phone calls that I had to take from my windshield guy, the insurance woman, and more.

I technically go back to work on Wednesday, but will be working from home. I will likely be taking a sick day, depending on how I feel. Perhaps I will extend my sick absence, so I can rest properly.

2 comments:

  1. I came down with tonsillitis a few days ago and am on antibiotics too. It sucks. And as i havent had an upp resp tract infection in over two years this one had to be particularly evil to get me. I hope u feel better soon. Rest. Fluids. And vit C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misery loves great company! I hope that you feel better soon. I'm downing tons of hot tea, which is making tea companies love me these days. =)

      Delete