Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Catching up with an friend and having a secret admirer

I grew up in the Beaches area of Toronto. A high school friend of mine is in town and asked whether we could meet. It was nice that it didn't take much effort to figure out where to go and at what time we'd meet.

We chose a restaurant-pub that was a block away from where I had attended elementary school. We spent nearly four hours together catching up.

I haven't seen her since my last year from high school. She came to the school to visit and we chatted.

She told me that I look the same. She also noticed that I have a good memory and that I am naturally musical.

It's nice that, after all these years, it was effortless chatting and catching up with her.

I told my guy earlier on Tuesday that I'd be seeing her.
"I'd like to visit where you grew up," he told me.
"Sure, I can show you where everything is when you're back," I replied.
"That would be nice."
My guy is still feeling the effects of jet lag. Although he was sleepy, he sent me an e-card for Valentine's Day. He is sweet that way. Ever since we have been a couple, he sends me e-cards like clock work. This one had a penguin. He knows that I love penguins.
"I like how you addressed the card by secret admirer," I commented. "It took me a while to figure out who that was until I saw your e-mail address."
He chuckled.

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to catch up with old friends, isn't it, CB. Awww...what a sweet guy you have. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great catching up with her on Tuesday night. I am lucky to have a sweet guy in my life. =)

      Delete