Saturday, July 20, 2019

Tired, but happy, especially with retirement fund changes

I returned home late on Thursday night, which was the main reason why I didn't post anything. I twas too pooped!

I returned my rental car on Friday morning, got a lift home, and then went into the office late. I did two productive tasks that had nothing to do work work.

First, I have a locked-in Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). It's my retirement fund where the fund came from a past employer's pension plan. I got it transferred after I left the company and the only type that I could transfer the money to was a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).

Well, the GIC has a yearly term, which has an end date set for a day next week. I wanted it changed to something longer and gave my bank a call.

I spoke to a nice, knowledgeable advisor. He said that I could switch my GIC over to mutual funds. The latter provides a better return on investment and I don't have to think about renewing it. Nice!

I also booked an appointment to see my doctor next week. It's a regular checkup. All is well.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I need to unpack and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment