Sunday, July 28, 2019

Getting free stuff and making a cashier laugh

On Saturday, I went out to run a few errands. One of my stops was at Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). It was having a points redemption offer.

Normally, if you have 100,000 PC Optimum points, you can redeem them towards $100 worth of items at SDM. For this entire weekend, you can get an additional $40 worth of free stuff when you redeem 100,000 points.

I took advantage of this offer. I ended up redeeming 110,000 and got $150 worth of free stuff.

I had an enthusiastic male cashier.
"It feels like I have won the jackpot today," I said.
"I wish that I had that many points. I only have 2,000," he admitted.
"It does take a bit of time to accumulate them," I noted.
"I get discounts towards snacks, so I'm getting there," he replied.
"I'd love your job!" I said, which made him laugh.
Seriously, getting discounts on snacks sounds heavenly to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'ma big fan of PC Optimum points. I alweays take advantage of the weekly Shoppers offer - usually 20x points if you spend $50. I get free groceries on a regular basis with all my points. I've never taken advantage of the offer you mention but might if I see something expensive that we need (or want).

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the 20x the points offers when you spend $50 or more, too. It's how I end up racking up more points. Free stuff is always great!

      Delete