Monday, February 04, 2019

Updates on my eye, Valentine's Day, cooking, and my guy

I have a few updates on various things.

On Friday, I went to see my ophthalmologist. My right eye is still doing well. I had my eye injection. I still see him every fourteen weeks, which is my favourite number.

He asked me an interesting question. He asked whether I have any new year's resolutions. I'm not the type to declare them. I have goals that I feel are attainable, such as decluttering in phases.

Then, there's Valentine's Day. One of my students indicated that she was bummed out not having a boyfriend to enjoy this day. I had to tell her that the day is overrated. Love happens all year round. Valentine's Day is just a reminder to those commercializing on this day to get flowers, candy, and hit a nice restaurant. It also tends to alienate those who are single. They need to know that they are loved by friends and family.

I cooked up a storm on Sunday. I made broccoli cheddar soup for the first time in my life. The recipe called for eight tablespoons of butter. Really? That seemed like way too much butter. I put in four tablespoons and felt that it was a ton.

My guy has made it safely to India. I have a feeling that he will have a tough time adjusting to the timezone, which is normal for him. I hope to hear from him when he isn't working or sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a, I have to tell this, and yes this and that as well post. I'm not used you're posting like that! This is my "everything neat and tidy" corner of the blogland.
    And so many posts to catch up on. I like it that you post so frequently and honestly.

    The eye-injection makes me cringe.
    And 14 is my favo number as well.
    And Valentine's day is overrated.
    And love is 365 days a year.
    And recipes are always much too fat.


    Han.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your observation is accurate, as usual. I rarely do such a post. I simply had so many different topics to share that I simply grouped them all in a post.

      My ongoing eye injections make me cringe. It is never normal to have a needle poked into my eye, but I have bounced back with decent eyesight ever since.

      I'm glad that you share the same favourite number and more! With that recipe, I may go down to a tablespoon of butter when I make it again. It's al trial and a ton of error.

      Delete