Saturday, February 09, 2019

Fond memories of pancakes and breakfasts

On Friday, we had a farewell lunch for a couple of folks on our software development team. They are leaving the company next week.

I have got to know them well over the years. They are wonderful people and hope that they enjoy their new positions.

We went to a diner roughly fifteen minutes from work. It felt familiar to me.

I realized that a few years ago, my guy and I stayed at a hotel close by. The following day, we headed to this eatery for breakfast. Since we had last been to this place, it has had a complete makeover.

When we ate there, I had ordered a pancake special. I remember not being able to finish eating everything because the portions were huge. The pancakes didn't taste that great.

On Friday, I ordered the French toast special. It was yummy.

It was nice being back here. I thought about my guy, cherishing all fond memories that we have had and continue making.

No comments:

Post a Comment