Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Goodbye, Google+

When logging into Blogger a few minutes ago, I noticed a bunch of warnings about deprecating Google+ functionality. Google+ is disappearing for good. I didn't love it when I first tried it out with my blog, so there's no loss on my end.

I tried to like it. I never switched over to Google+ comments for my blog. I have always used Blogger comments because they suited my needs. I like how my replies look -- indented from visitor comments.

Google tried hard to get into the social network realm like Facebook. It tried Hangouts, which I have turned off permanently in Gmail since day one. I didn't like it, either.

It's funny, but I like Gmail. I own a Google Pixel 2XL phone. I love Google music. The company has decent products, but social networks isn't one of its strengths.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I won't miss it either. Tried it a few times but was never satisfied with the results. Smile.
    We both tried to like it.
    We are strange.

    Han

    ReplyDelete