Monday, February 18, 2019

Compatibility when waking up in the morning

When my guy and I were in the States, his phone would wake us both up. He had to go to work and he set his alarm for 7 am.

We are different. I hear an alarm and I get up automatically. He hears an alarm and hits the snooze button a few times.

The first time I heard his alarm on this trip, I woke up. I went into my usual wakey-wakey mode with him.
"Wakey wakey!" I said to him.
"I want to snooze," he said.
"How many times?" I asked him.
"Four times," he replied.
"That's a lot," I noted.
When his phone's alarm when off the fourth time, I put his phone on his head.
"You're mean. We aren't compatible," he whined.
"Do you want to break up?" I asked him.
"No. You're such a morning person and I'm not," he whined.
When it was finally 7:48 am, he woke up, got out of bed, and got on with his day. He's so boyish.

We suggested that he set his alarm to 7:30 am. He was much better after that.

Of course, on the weekend, he forgot to turn off his alarm.
"Alarm, sweetie," I said to him, which prompted him to turn it off.
I do miss seeing him snooze all day. He loves his sleep so much. I love sleep, too. I just am not a snoozer like he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment