Sunday, February 17, 2019

Optimistic outlook on my finances

It's a long weekend for folks here. Let me tell you that it's much needed.

I am optimistic about my finances this year. A loan that I have had for nearly five years ago will be paid off at either the end of May or early June. This loan was to consolidate a large amount of debt. It frees up money to put towards other debt, which won't be a whole lot when I get there.

The toughest part is getting through the next three months. Last year, my debt situation required that I dip into my retirement savings. For years, I did not touch it. I had no choice last year. You get dinged for taking this money out before you retire, which will be reflected in my income tax return. My thinking is that I had to deal with being behind with my debt payments that it was worth the risk taking money out of my retirement savings.

With the loan payments being over in early summer, I will be able to put money back into my retirement savings and build it up. This plan makes me happy.

I have come a long way. It will be nice to get back to having my finances back in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment