Monday, February 25, 2019

My outfit and shoes for the gala

My working overtime on Saturday kind of worked out nicely. I get Monday off. Later on tonight, I will be heading to a formal gala.

I have my outfit. It consists of a nice black sweater with gold buttons on the shoulders. It brings a nice, classy touch. It's also a comfortable sweater. I have never worn this one before, but I did get a grey one at the same time and have worn it for years.

My brown palazzo pants are still a go. I like the contrast of colours, rather than dressing all in black and feeling like I am at a funeral.

I am going with black socks and a pair of brown suede lace-up shoes. I have a pair of black leather dress shoes with chunky heels. The downside is that the temperature is supposed to dip down to -11°C. My brown suede shoes will keep me warm. The black ones will not. We also have snow and ice on the ground. Warmth and traction trump everything here. I don't care if my footwear may look odd to some. I need my feet to stay warm and I need to be safe.

I'm ready. Here's hoping that being a finalist turns into some sort of acknowledgement of the work that I did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment