Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My guy is lo mein!

On Saturday, my guy ordered the beef and mushrooms on a hot, sizzling plate for lunch. I had brought my appetite to the Chinese restaurant. I hadn't had anything to eat since 19:00 on Friday. I went with the special fried rice.

Both dishes were yummy. My guy needed help polishing his food choice.
"You aren't eating the beef dish. You need to work on that," my guy noted.
"I have been focusing on the fried rice. It's so good," I reasoned.
"I know, but you need more protein," my guy stated, pushing the dish closer to me.
"You're such a meanie," I teased.
"You mean that I'm chow mein," he said, being punny.
"Horrible!" I exclaimed, while laughing at his terrible pun.
After we had finished lunch and left the restaurant, he continued with his pun.
"I'm still chow mein, right?" he said, giving me a side hug.
"You're lo mein," I replied.
"Hey, that's better," my guy observed.
"Lo mein. So mean. It's a closer pun," I said.
"See, my puniness is rubbing off on you," he said, grinning.
"Horrible!" I exclaimed, which prompted my guy to squeeze my left arm.
He's a sweet guy who enjoys puns.

2 comments:

  1. Both of your punnies cracked me up, CB. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I used the lo mein one again on him tonight. =)

      Delete