Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wanting a hot dog

After the CAA guy had left, we had to make sure that my guy's car was running for thirty minutes. My guy asked me if I wanted to go to Costco with him. I was game.

Earlier, I could tell after he had called CAA that he was stressed. I had to ask him how he was. He was upset at himself that he had also locked his keys in his car. I said that CAA could get his keys, too. Everything worked out.

We drove along the highway with the windows down. We didn't want to crank up the air conditioning so soon, as we didn't want to kill the car battery that had just got a decent boost. It was humid out, but it was tolerable.

We went to Costco. As usual, my guy was hungry and asked if we could stop at the food place first.

I wanted a hot dog. I don't eat them too often, but it's my go-to item at Costco. I sat at the only empty bench as my guy took out some money at the ATM.
"So, what would you like to eat that is not a hot dog?" he asked me.
"I want a hot dog," I said, feeling like I was a little girl.
"No, I am not getting you a hot dog. How about the turkey provolone panini or the Montreal roast beef sandwich?"
"I want a hot dog," I said.
"No, hot dogs are not good for you."
I caved. I finally said that I would give the turkey provolone panini a try. I must admit that it is yummy as we sat there and chomped away.
"See, that woman has two hot dogs," I said, hinting that my guy wasn't being nice.
"You are not getting a hot dog," he said firmly.
"But, I like hot dogs. They are yummy goodness to me."
"See, her boyfriend is cheap and doesn't care about her health," he explained. "Your boyfriend cares about getting healthy food for you, even though he is cheap."
"Okay, if you say so," I said.
"Besides, you get to eat a different kind of hot dog later."
He was correct. We both smirked and looked for a new car battery at the store. We didn't find one. We did, however, find one at Walmart across the street.

It was an unexpected type of date night. It was nonetheless great just being with my guy. He felt more at ease after buying the battery. I felt the same way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment