Friday, March 19, 2021

Sick day

I took Thursday off as a sick day. I woke up just before 4 am with hamstring and ankle pain that affected my right leg. I likely overworked them when exercising. 

I was up for over an hour trying to ease the pain before I went back to bed and slept like a log for 3.5 hours. I heard my alarm go off. I felt sluggish. I decided to take the day off and slept some more.

Right now, my hamstring is doing better. I skipped exercising. Here's hoping that I can sleep better tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I like using a foam roller to knead those muscles. And stretching feels good too, even if there is limited evidence (if any at all) that it helps with achey muscles. Dynamic stretching DOES help prevent muscle cramps before a workout tho.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your tips, Fondles! I have a foam roller and should use it more. I should stretch more. I'm guilty of not doing it as much as I should!

      I am doing much better now.

      Delete