Monday, March 29, 2021

Pigs in a blanket

I made pigs in a blanket with a silicone mould with little pigs. The bakeware is cute. However, you really need mini hot dogs to make it work.

I had regular hot dogs and cut them up into smaller pieces. I still felt that they were large.

The pigs in a blanket did turn out well. I will try reducing the time in the oven from 20 to 15 minutes. I found that the pancake batter was crispier than I would have liked. I used a sugar-free batter. I'm not sure if that had an effect.

I enjoy baking. It's fun.

1 comment:

  1. I think sugar free anything does affect the end product. Altho for the sake of being low carb I would probably just tolerate the less-than-perfect texture and eat it anyhow.

    Pig shaped moulds sound adorable, btw.

    ReplyDelete