Saturday, February 13, 2021

Video of my late friend

I wanted to sleep in on Friday. I did manage to get more sleep, but I received a couple of text messages at 09:00.

They were from my dear friend's husband. She had passed away in early January. He was using her phone to text me, like he did back in January, and said that it automatically put all photos featuring her into a video. He then texted me this video.

It's a nice keepsake to have. When we met up, we rarely took photos together or of each other. I have a handful of them from trips spent with her over the years and I cherish them. This video is special, to remember her by.

The last photo is recent one, probably closer to her passing. She looked thin and tired, which would be expected going through chemotherapy.

I have been thinking about her often. It's nice that I am now keeping in touch with her husband.

2 comments:

  1. it really is a nice way to keep that connection alive, having a video or photo montage of a loved one.

    And its nice that you're continuing to keep in touch with her husband too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It's a way for us to heal, too. It's nice.

      Delete