Thursday, May 17, 2018

Snow tires and 60's music

It's the middle of May. I finally got my snow tires off.

This past winter was the first time that I got snow tires. I have lived in Minnesota and Manitoba for nearly nine years when you total everything. I don't know why I waited that long to get them, but they were great during all the snow and ice that we got here.

I have my tires stored at the dealership. I had originally wanted my tires changed last week, but there wasn't enough time to get them out of storage. So, it happened on Wednesday.

I seem to be able to strike up a conversation or have some sort of common bond with drivers shuttling me between the service centre and my home. Getting a ride home consisted of my humming to 60's music with my driver. He was enthusiastically tapping his hand to the beat. He was great in using is GPS to get me home.
"It's my first time not providing directions to get me home. Instead, I got to listen to 60's music," I remarked.
"You seem young to know 60's music," he noted.
"I grew up listening to that era. It was my mom and dad's decade, so I had no choice but to listen to it. Today was like reliving my childhood, but not my decade of music," I replied.
He smiled. I thanked him for making my day.

2 comments:

  1. I love some of the sixties music. Fun ride.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You have great taste in music, Ronnie. =)

      Delete