Thursday, September 21, 2017

Work travel bans and vacation

For a while, my guy was on the road all the time. These days, he has the opposite problem. Our company has a travel ban. If he were to deliver courses, they need to be done online.

My guy has often said that he doesn't like a ton of travel where he is away for weeks. These days, he has an itch to go somewhere.

Our company is going through some restructuring. Some jobs have been cut. What is unique about our situation is that our departments are thriving. We are constantly hiring and is one of the more profitable departments.

My guy told me that his counterparts in other departments have been let go. I have seen the same situation on my end. Most of the cuts have happened in our various European sites.

We aren't worried about our employment. We have been discussing going on a trip together. My guy misses when I would join him on a business trip. He always liked coming back to the hotel or meeting me somewhere after work. I liked that, too.

Instead, we'll have to plan our own little vacation, which isn't a bad idea.

2 comments:

  1. Have been through more than one "restructure" in the different companies I've worked for. Not fun...even when you know your position is safe. Think it would be great for the two of you to plan a holiday trip.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I have been laid off a couple of times. It's definitely not the healthiest of environments in which to work. However, our group is pretty positive under the circumstances.

      Yes, it's nice to plan a vacation. I also look forward to spending even more time with my guy. =)

      Delete