Friday, September 15, 2017

Second knock on the job door

It's interesting that when I am not looking for a new job, I am fortunate to have folks contacting me. When I truly want to change jobs, I don't seem to have that sort of luck.

The other day, I had mentioned that one recruiter had reached out to me. A couple of days ago, another one did.

We spoke on the phone on Thursday. Work has been pretty busy. I have been training a new student while both of us continue to work on a software release.

This job isn't a lead position like I am currently doing. However, this position is a fifteen-minute drive from my home. I would save a ton in highway toll fees, time, gas, fuel, and perhaps sanity. I also like change.

This recruiter submitted my resume today. She got an immediate yes-let's-interview-Cutiebootie response from this prospective employer.

I am flattered that I am in such high demand. I have been the interviewee for a while. It'll nice to be interviewed and see how things go.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are in such demand without the pressure of needing to find another position. Sending lots of positive energy that you are going to be offered the absolutely best position for you!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cat! I have an interview set for next Friday. I am glad that the second prospective company set up an interview that soon. Here's hoping that it's the right fit for me.

      Delete