Monday, September 11, 2017

My new sewing machine to create a micro skirt

Each year, around Christmas, I tend to pick up a new skill or a skill that I once used often. This year, I have it down to three:
  • Knitting
  • Crocheting
  • Sewing
I taught myself how to knit with needles years ago. I never got around to binding off, so I definitely need a refresher there.

I don't know how to crochet with a needle. I simply know how to finger-crochet a single, linear row.

By sewing, I am referring to using a sewing machine. I haven't done that since my early undergraduate years.

On the weekend, I bought a sewing machine. It's a portable one that weighs five pounds. It is far from being a toy, but it's a good starter machine for me. It also came in purple, so I had to.

I am tired of hand-sewing clothes that have unravelling seams. I need a sewing machine that keeps my threads in place a lot longer. 

I broke the news to my guy.
"I always like that you are constantly learning," he said to me.
"Thanks! It keeps my mind sharp," I replied.
"With practice, you can sew a micro skirt. I'd love to see you in and out of that," he hinted, smiling.
"I could give that a try. Maybe I'll start with a pillowcase, as you love to sleep, and then move up to a skirt" I replied.
"You're sweet," he said.
It's exciting to be creative and crafty.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sewing machine. I had one for my birthday and like you, haven't used one for yonks. Not made anything yet.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ronnie! I hope that we both sew something nice soon. =)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new PURPLE sewing machine! Why don't you make your first project a skirt made out of a pillow case. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete