Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Throwing my hat into the job ring

The other day, a job recruiter contacted me. It was for a position at a major cell phone provider.

I decided to submit my resume. The unfortunate thing is that this job is a contract position for a year before you get converted to being a full-time employee. I'm not crazy about losing health benefits for a year. Then again, I could buy my own.

The tradeoff is that I would be working from home. No more long commutes to and from cities. I would save some money on fuel, too.

We will see what happens. Part of me would like a change of pace. The other part of me likes to be comfortable.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate your dropping by. I am hoping for the best, too. =)

      Delete
  2. Hey CB...hope things work out whichever way is best for you. I work from home and there are pluses and minuses to it...eliminating the commute is one of the pluses and every time gas prices go up, I consider it pay raise. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I used to work from home a lot and know what some of the drawbacks are there. I am with you, though. I would save a ton with less commuting. =)

      Delete