Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Back to work and my reaction to the jerk's e-cards

My work e-mail inbox had just under 300 messages waiting for me. It took me half the day to get through it.

I also provided support for my colleague who was training a new colleague. It was nice to ease into work.

The ex sent me two e-cards on my birthday over a week ago. The only positive thing that I can think of is that he was on time for a change. I don't understand why he sent me two.

I wanted to ignore them. I wanted to confirm that they were boring. They were. No emotion. Nothing heartfelt on his end.

One of the bucketed greetings indicated that I was "one of the greatest people that [he] knew." It's interesting how hindsight works. The damage has been done.

My reaction to those cards:


I'm okay. Time has certainly help me deal with this jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment