Thursday, August 13, 2020

It's payday!

I get paid by my employer every two weeks. Technically, I get paid every other Thursday.

I do love my bank. It deposits my pay electronically by 22:10 on Wednesday night. I spend a bit of time paying various bills based on my bill payment schedule. It's an Excel spreadsheet. I have had a number of variations over the years, but the current one has guided me out of my darkest debt stage.

It makes me so happy paying bills and seeing results. I also like that I can put money away towards my retirement and emergency fund. It was challenging doing it a year ago.

Things are looking up and good with my finances. It takes a lot of effort and planning to get out of debt. I'm so pleased that budgeting has paid off (pun intended)!

2 comments:

  1. I"m also on the way.. altho I think I'm a little late starting. Still, better late than never. It's awesome that you're making such progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You've started and that's what counts. It's a huge step.

      Delete