Monday, August 17, 2020

Time and my intern

I blink and the weekend is over.

I got everything that I had wanted to accomplish this weekend. I met up with friends. I did some cleaning up around the house. I even did some sewing.

This year is blowing by fast, even though the pandemic has put a damper on the year. My intern has two more weeks left before his work term is over.

My manager has asked whether I'd be interested in doing a farewell lunch or dinner with my intern -- just the three of us. I'm game. It's a small group and we can hit a patio at an eatery. My manager has to meet with the intern to collect his laptop and other items. I'd likely drop by a bit later.

It'll be good to see my intern again and send him off as best as we can.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a nice lunch and that the intern gets a job. Tough times for young people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Our relationship isn't quite like that. Our manager will be there, which could be awkward if we did have that kind of chemistry.

      Delete