Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cake and boredom

I have not worked from home for over three weeks. I go into the office tomorrow, but will thankfully get to work from home on Wednesday.

My student is progressing well. I am thrilled about his progress.

We had a September cake break on Monday afternoon. We sat there and ate cake. I asked about a fellow student who was in a meeting with our development team earlier in the day. He looked bored out of his mind.

Our manager came over and I pointed out how bored he was earlier in our meeting. My manager indicated that he was loud the other day and wasted time gabbing with three employees. I let him know that he didn't say a peep in our meeting, which seemed amusing to us.

Perspectives are interesting. I have never asked a student to go into this meeting with me, as the information would be way over his head. I like my judgment in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment