Thursday, March 28, 2019

Having dinner with a friend and learning about another friend's passing

Last night, I had dinner with a dear friend. We have known each other since high school.

She let me know that a fellow friend in high school died a week before her 24th birthday. I was shocked and saddened.

I first knew her when we did summer school. We both took Cantonese for a couple of years. She was always nice to me.

Years later, in high school, we ended up in the same French class for two consecutive years. She was a year older than I was and I had skipped a grade in French.

She had bone cancer. I remember in high school that she walked with a cane for a year, but I never asked her about it. I just thought that she had broken her leg. My friend told me that she went through tons of cancer treatments. In the end, our friend decided to decline all treatments in the end and passed on.

I hope that she is resting in peace. It must have been so difficult for her family. She was so young and incredibly bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment