Sunday, March 03, 2019

Incompetent colleague is on her way out

The incompetent colleague who has been with us for three months is on her way out the door.

My manager had a private meeting with me last Thursday. He has decided to let her go.

On the one hand, I am relieved for both my students and I who have been trying to help her learn. The problem is that she has issues with comprehension. None of us can help her there.

Everything needs to be written down for her to memorize the details. Explaining details seems to go in one ear and out the other.

Last Thursday, our manager asked her what an acronym stood for and what it meant in our team meeting. As expected, she nailed the former. She got the latter wrong. She has been doing this task since she first started. The question wasn't complex at all.

On a good note, I have another colleague who has joined our team. One of my students and I will be training her on Monday. None of them know that this incompetent colleague is heading out the door.

That's where the other hand comes in. She has a childlike mentality. She's a decent person and I feel sad that she will be losing her job. However, she is a burden to our entire team. We have all been pitching in to help her and the exercise has been futile.

I don't know when her final day will be. My guess is that it'll be at the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment