Saturday, March 16, 2019

Robyn and pushy, drunk idiots

The other night, I went to see Robyn. It was a general admission concert.

I didn't realize that I had purchased a VIP ticket. I got early access into the venue to get a decent standing spot. I also got a commemorative bucket hat and laminated concert badge.

I got to the venue at 17:30. I was standing until 23:00, with a couple of bathroom breaks. My legs were not functioning well after the show. They felt like Jello.

For the most part, I am not a huge fan of general admission tickets. I'd sooner have a seat. You can dance and then take a break. I also like not spending most of the night up against other people.

Robyn was wonderful. She's a dynamic performer who sounds amazing. I had a wonderful time seeing her.

She is also incredibly strong. She started her career doing bubblegum-type music. She didn't want to fit in that mould and decided to break free. She has had her own say in her music ever since.

The downside to this concert was guys who ended up pushing and poking into me. It's one thing to brush someone by accident. When there are guys bumping into me often, I will push back. Sure, they are drunk, but it's pretty rude.

My legs are still sore from dancing and standing on my feet for over five hours. Thank goodness I don't go to such concerts often.

No comments:

Post a Comment