Sunday, December 16, 2018

Turnips and learning

I had a good Saturday. I slept in and got nearly eight hours of sleep.

I went out to run some errands. I am the odd one who enjoys grocery shopping on a Saturday.

I drove a few towns over to a discount grocery store that specializes in frozen items. I like the frozen, cubed turnips. There is no need to spend time peeling them. They are also uniform in size and cook evenly.

At the checkout counter, I took everything out of my basket. The cashier asked whether the turnips take long to cook. I said not really. I put them in soups and pan-fry them. She liked my answer.

I am a foodie at heart. Perhaps I look like I know what I'm doing. Not really. I learned that I enjoy eating turnips about half a year ago! I am still learning and it's a journey.

The cashier was great at packing all my groceries into my single reusable bag. I was impressed. I need to learn how to bag like she does!

2 comments:

  1. She puts them in a bag for you? It is unthinkable here. You are supposed to do that all yourself. And yes, I guess practice make perfect?

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was extremely nice. I expect to bag my own groceries. Her packing skills were mighty impressive. I need to brush up on my own!

      Delete