Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Highways, tolls, conference calls, and sleep

I have been using highway 407, which is a toll highway, for over seven years. I am perfectly fine shelling out a bit more to save some time to get to work.

When I first started my current job, I took highway 401. It was a top-and-go commute to and from work. Somedays, it would take me two hours to get home. These days were clear and free of snow.

Traffic in the greater Toronto area is horrific. The infrastructure cannot support the volume of cars on the road.

Taking a toll highway saves my brakes and makes me less fatigued. These days, I take the 407 to work. Coming home, I take a backroad, which is still faster than taking the 401.

Highway 407 rarely has accidents. An accident on Monday morning impacted my drive to work. It was the third accident that I have ever seen on it. It didn't look like anyone was hurt, thankfully.

I was late to work by about twenty minutes. I was also on two consecutive conference calls that I take through my Bluetooth car speaker while I was stuck in traffic.

I am fortunate to be able to work from home at least once a week. It helps a ton.

I get to sleep in a bit today. Yep, I have yet another conference call to take. Ah, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment