Friday, February 23, 2018

Planning tasks - from a list to a spreadsheet

Last week, I was asked by my manager to put together a high-level project plan. I tend to be pretty good when it comes to providing a list of tasks (milestones) and planning work that needs to be done.

My manager does everything in an Excel spreadsheet. When I am gathering my thoughts, I prefer lists. OneNote is my friend. I do my lists there and use checkboxes indicating whether such tasks are completed or are ongoing.

He seemed fine with my list. It makes porting my tasks over to Excel much easier.

Even though I felt like I hadn't done a ton of work on this project plan, I actually did. He was pleased, which made me happy that I had pulled it off.

It's a good thing that I am a planner by nature. Otherwise, I would have been a nervous wreck having this discussion with him.

2 comments:

  1. Ah the planner in me approves! It's even greater that the manager in question approves toO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Fondles. Yes, it's an added bonus when my manager approves. =)

      Delete