Thursday, January 03, 2013

Under the weather during the holidays

 My backlog with blog posts is nearly over! I have been making minor changes to my blog these days. I like that comments on my blog are now embedded. I was getting sick of looking at the main Blogger comments page.

The following is a conversation that we had over the holidays. No spankings in this post, but the next one will have at least one. Enjoy!

My guy and I were to get together for Christmas. Unfortunately, my guy came down with a nasty cold and had to medicate himself. So, we didn't see each other over the holidays.

My guy is sweet. I know that as much as it pained him that we didn't spend time together, he wanted to make sure that I didn't catch what he had. I understood and appreciated his thoughtfulness.

It is a good thing that we stayed connected over the holidays. We continued to converse through texts and e-mails. We conversed on Christmas.
"I'm sorry that I can't give you your present today," I said, a bit sad looking at it while talking to him.
"You didn't need to get me a present," he said in his usual way.
"Yes, I did," I replied.
"You are my present," he said. "You are all I need. I get to unwrap you throughout the year."
He's both sweet and smooth. Sometimes, I can't believe that I caught his eye. I'm glad. I couldn't be any happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment