Monday, February 21, 2022

Fitness reward, incompetence at work, and sushi

I am a part of a corporate fitness program. There is a fitness challenge every quarter. I achieved my challenge for this quarter, which consists of getting $75 towards anything at the online store.

I typically get an electronic gift card. It gets sent to my work e-mail. I had to log in to my work account to fetch the code and use my gift card.

The problem is that I ended up glancing at e-mails from work and I didn't want to. I noticed that one developer decided that since I was away for two days, he had to forward the work to my colleague.

First, his update isn't urgent. It was already assigned to me and I needed more details from him. Second, he sent the update to the wrong person who isn't my backup. She's the incompetent one that decided to forward a question to this developer's boss and take on this task. She didn't tell him that she isn't my backup.

I'll need to sort these issues out when I return. I have already told this developer in the past that this incompetent person isn't my backup. Some folks don't know better.

Anyway, today is Family Day. I hope to go out and pick up some sushi. I just looked at some photos and everything looks good. I shouldn't look at food before I go to bed. I need a snack now!

No comments:

Post a Comment