Sunday, February 20, 2022

Long weekend, with a stiff neck and truck protests

It is a long weekend here, with Family Day on Monday. Due to putting in a ridiculous number of extra hours recently, I decided to take this past Thursday and Friday off from work.

I have enjoyed this extended long weekend, except that I tweaked my neck, so it feels stiff and also affects my left shoulder. All this weirdness happened on Friday. The stiffness and pain has subsided a bit, so things are mending

On Saturday, I was supposed to pick up an order of food downtown. The problem was that the police decided to put blockades up to limit the truck protests. Due to these blockades, I couldn't get to this eatery to pick up my food. I spent a good 1.5 hours in traffic and decided to give up. I let the eatery know and the woman was nice to credit my account for a future food purchase. How nice!

I had bought crispy pork belly and vegan coconut jelly desserts. I am a bit bummed about not having them, but I hope to order them again when they are back on the menu.

2 comments:

  1. it was really nice that they gave you a store credit! i don't think any establishment would do that here.

    glad your neck is on the mend. Enjoy the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That store credit was totally unexpected. I braced myself to simply lose what I had paid for. She was so generous.

      My neck and shoulder are definitely much better now. I'm going to enjoy the holiday before reality sets in and I need to return to work. =)

      Delete