Sunday, March 22, 2020

Thankful for being employed during COVID-19 uncertainty

I am fortunate to be able to work from home during this COVID-19 pandemic. I work in the IT field and have a laptop. Other than spending more time and effort communicating with my colleagues, I can comfortably work from home and get paid.

My employer has asked all employees to work from home till the end of the month. Well, that date got changed to April 10. It will mean that it will be five weeks of working from home for me. Perhaps it will be extended some more.

I look at the restaurant business here in the greater Toronto area. Restaurants have shut down dine-in services. Takeout and delivery services are the only ways that these restaurants can offer their services. Bartenders and servers can't work from home. They are either laid off, or their employer pays them and then suffers the consequences of losing money daily.

I feel for businesses these days, especially local ones. My ordering takeout from them here and there will hopefully help a bit.

Here's hoping that we can resume our regular lives when this pandemic disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment