Saturday, January 11, 2014

Making the most out of things

My guy and I have spent quite a bit of time together this week. Although Monday felt like making up for lost time, we had to slow the pace down a bit by the end of the week.

He caught a cold on Tuesday and wasn't himself for a couple of days. While we were having dinner one evening, I told him that I wanted to hold him. He loves when I do. Of course, I love it, too.

We had lunch on Thursday. I reached across the table at the restaurant to touch his new shirt that he was wearing, followed by his hand.

He is a sweet guy. We both pulled into the office parking lot in our separate cars. He let me have the closest parking spot to the front doors as he parked much farther away.

I waited for him and we walked in together. We both got into an empty elevator.

Having an empty elevator entirely to ourselves isn't the best scenario when one person has a cold and the other's time-of-the-month routine started a few hours earlier.

The doors closed. I couldn't help it. I went to kiss him on the cheek. He returned the gesture.
"Hug me," he whispered in my ear. "I don't want you to catch my cold."
I embraced him tightly. He reciprocated.
"It's okay," I said. I had explained to him earlier that I only took one sick day last year.
I was wearing a long wool coat. He lifted it up and groped my left buttock. We both smiled as the doors opened.

We do the best that we can under challenging circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment