Sunday, January 12, 2020

Fizzled chat

I think that my recent chat with a potential dating interest has fizzled. I'm oddly not upset by it.

On Friday, he said that I am always busy with work. I pointed out that it could be a potential problem. He took an early retirement. Already, his remark made me feel guilty for not being available for him.

I need to work. There are bills to pay. I am not at the stage for early retirement. Deal with it.

He apologized. I text him while I break at work. It doesn't seem like it's enough.

We have not chatted since I sent him messages on Saturday morning. He has seen my messages. He never responded to any of them.

It's better that we stop now, rather than getting serious and realizing that our career phases are out of sync.

6 comments:

  1. i agree with you. i was chatting with someone who wasn't even a dating interest. he was keen to meet cos he figured I was so intriguing and wanted to meet in person. he pushed for a meeting and when I finally found some free time to accomodate him he said "let me get back to you" and then never did. I texted again to ask him if we were still on, and no reply. I've dropped him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He resurrected from the chatting dead. I feel like dropping him. Already, I'm growing tired of our lopsided chats.

      That's unfortunate that the guy changed his mind and left you hanging. I support your dropping him. He's not worth your time.

      Delete
    2. the dude popped up after seeing the birthday cake posts on my facebook and asked (after disappearing for a week) "is it your birthday?" and my reply was "not today." thats all.

      Delete
    3. Ugh! Yeh, I'm glad you let him go. Hope he disappears permanently!

      Delete
  2. Good try but there's another one out there. (My blog came back up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that your blog is back! He has resurfaced, but I agree that there is another guy out there for me.

      Delete