Friday, November 23, 2018

A compliment that came out of nowhere

The other day, I got a compliment from my manager that was completely unexpected. It happened during a conference call.

To make an extremely long story short, we have a group of employees in another country that had questions. A handful of us in Toronto were on this call. They want to set up a similar structure that we have here.

The problem is that these folks want to have a team leader, but none of us in Toronto feel that any of them can handle this position. One of the tasks would be training new employees.
"You would have to train every new employee that joins us. Frankly, I think Cutiebootie and her team should continue training new folks. Cutiebootie is the best trainer that we have," my manager said.
Wow. I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes people say what they think at the time you expect it the least. But I am sure you deserved the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It was a nice compliment to receive out of the blue.

      Delete